Finance and Administration officer
Posted on: May 21, 2013
LOCATION: KEWASNET Head Office
REPORTING TO: THE NATIONAL COORDINATOR
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Prepare payment requests, compliant with the budget, donor regulations and in accordance with KEWASNET policies and procedures.
- In conjunction with programme staff and the finance operations officer, prepare monthly cash-flow projection statements.
- In conjunction with programme staff, prepare requests for transfer of funds to partners ensuring the requests are correctly coded and supported by the relevant documentation
- Monitor receipts of acknowledgement of funds by partners and advise programme staff of outstanding items requiring follow up.
- Monitor receipt of income from donors and prepare cash-flow statements for donors.
- Reconcile bank accounts if necessary (where a separate bank account is held for a programme).
- Maintain accurate records of expenditure/filing
- Responsible for the coordination of the finances across the programme
- Ensure the production of financial management reports, and provide financial management support to Programme staff.
- Set up a schedule with programme staff for monitoring expenditure on ongoing projects against budgets (both project and donor budgets). Highlight importance of monitoring donor expenditure.
- Assist in preparation of partnership agreements budgets & financial monitoring of grants disbursed to partners.
- Compile timely and compliant financial reports of KEWASNET & partner organizations
- Review the current financial information available in country for suitability for donor reporting purposes.
- Compile expenditure reports on donor funded programmes and advise accordingly. If necessary prepare a schedule for the production of financial reports, both interim and final.
- Ensure the productions of accurate and timely financial reports to donors are produced. Ensure that staff and partners are aware of conditions and time restrictions applicable to these funds.
- Facilitating external audits in conjunction with the Coordinator
- In conjunction with officers in charge, produce annual budgets for donor funded programmes for presentation to donors and for inclusion in the annual plans
- Calculate allocations from donor funds for annual salary budget
- Monitor expenditure against budget on a regular basis, investigating, analyzing and reporting significant variances.
- Prepare and present requests to donors to make budget reallocations, as necessary.
- Prepare VAT/Customs reimbursement submissions together with and follow up on outstanding VAT/Customs requests if any.
- Prepares periodic reports on finance and systems activities.
- Any other reasonable duty as may be assigned that is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility.
2. Office Administration
Manage and Coordinate all office operations and processes.
- Efficient administration and effective implementation of all policies and procedures
- Oversee the overall office filling system
- Prepare Staff and Management meetings, Agenda and taking down minutes.
- Ensure compliance with the health and safety procedures in force in the office, make improvements where necessary
- Propose improvements with regard to administrative management
Logistics, procurements and Asset Management
- Ensure the timely and transparent procurement of goods and services needed in accordance with appropriate procedures and compliance systems.
- Ensure optimal office equipment performance, fleet maintenance, service contracts, inventory file updates, monitoring store supplies.
- Ensure accurate and up to-date asset registers are kept of equipment purchased and maintained by the KEWASNET office.
- Process and facilitate insurance covers, rent agreements and security agreements for all KEWASNET property and rented property.
- Supervision of office supplies and office suppliers
- Overseeing the proper and efficient utilization of office machines and equipment
Travel arrangements, Workshops & Visas
- Oversee the Administration function of the organization by supporting KEWASNET staff in organizing their trips, workshops and all necessary logistics, providing guidelines on Staff Passport, visa applications and flight bookings
- Ensure that all staff whether working or visiting have the correct legal status by administering all immigration procedures and entry permits.
Petty Cash management
- Maintain, administer and control the use of petty cash.
o Bachelors degree in Accounting or Business Administration, Finance, Economics or other related preferable with MBA or graduate degree in financial management , CPA III
o Knowledge and experience with Accounting and /or financial management software and MS office applications;
o Strong Knowledge of Kenya financial tax regulations, especially those pertaining to nongovernmental or not for profit organizations;
o Strong change management, results oriented and decision making skills; Aware of and sensitive to working in multi-cultural groups in a post conflict setting
Other Skills Required
- Strong analytical skills
- Report writing and editing skills
- Good written and oral communication skills both in English and Kiswahili
- Ability to transfer knowledge through formal or non formal trainings
- Excellent IT skills and data treatment applications
If you have the professional requirements stated and you are willing to execute the mandate of the position, send your curriculum vitae and cover letter to the National coordinator through firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com before 31st May 2013. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 5th of June, consider your application unsuccessful.